Why Become a Chamber Member?
There are plenty of reasons to become a chamber member – chief among them is that you will receive the benefits presented to only Chamber members, including member-to-member discounts and networking opportunities. This is your chance to join the leading business association in our area.
- We provide an office to respond to the inquiries about your business, our community and its opportunities as well as a referral services for our members.
- We provide an information gathering centre to inform the business community and of current events affecting them.
- We provide a forum for the business community to exchange views as well as opportunities for social business gatherings wherein an exchange of ideas and services may take place.
- We represent a collective voice to keep our elected representatives aware of the needs of the business community.
- Your Chamber is a rallying point and an instrument for the promotion of plans, ideas and projects.
- Through our location as a Tourism Information Centre, the Chamber promotes the community as a destination for visitors, corporate travellers and for families considering relocation.
Marketing & Communication
Your membership includes:
- a full page listing on our website (ask about ways a Premium Membership can enhance your online presence for an additional $50/year)
- share your news, events or specials with members in our free, weekly e-newsletter and stay in touch with opportunities in business and government
- a listing in our full-colour, printed Business Directory
- an introduction of all new members in our weekly e-newsletter and through our monthly CJTT Chat
- We also act as a referral service for our members’ businesses and organizations. Display your brochures and business cards at the Tourism Information Centre.
Advocacy & Affiliations
The Temiskaming Shores & Area Chamber of Commerce is a member of the Canadian Chamber of Commerce and has strong relationships with
agencies at the regional, provincial and national levels, and as such, represents the collective voice of local business. It is this which makes it
possible for the Chamber to voice its concerns to decision makers everywhere. We also have strong Tourism partnerships with Destination Northern Ontario and Northeastern Ontario Tourism and the various municipalities we represent.
Get exclusive savings for Chamber member businesses. Login to your member portal to get more information on the current deal.www.tsacc.ca/login/
New Liskeard Fall Fair Corporate Program – In partnership with the New Liskeard Agricultural Society, we offer the only discounted gate and midway passes for the Fall Fair. These passes are available to all member businesses and their employees. A very popular benefit that is free to member businesses to pass on to their employees. Watch for details in Chamber Newsletters in August and September.www.newliskeardfallfair.ca
CHAMBERS GROUP INSURANCE – Through the Chambers of Commerce Group Insurance Plan, members have access to a complete range of benefits for small and medium size businesses of one or more employees. With competitive rates, they can customize comprehensive group benefits including dental, health and disability insurance as well as Group Retirement Solutions. Contact our Chamber of Commerce Group representative, Jake Lacourse, at Kennedy Insurance Brokers 1-705-495-4264 or email@example.com for more information or for a quote.www.chamberplan.ca
FIRST DATA – PREFERRED MERCHANT RATES – First Data Merchant Services, a leader in the electronic payment processing industry, provides a full suite of products including preferred pricing on VISA, Mastercard and Debit transactions.www.chamber.ca/membership/payment-processing-program/
MARK’S WORK WEARHOUSE – Members receive 10% discount cards for selected merchandise in Mark’s Work Wearhouse locations. Cards are available to Chamber members and their employees.www.marks.com
UPS SERVICES – Take advantage of competitive rates of 25% – 75% off shipping services with the UPS Members Benefit Program. Call 1-800-MEMBERS or visitwww.membersbenefitprogram.com/ccc
Member2Member Discount Program
The M2M program gives Temiskaming Shores & Area Chamber members exclusive benefits, and is designed to encourage local shopping while helping your bottom line. Please present your Temiskaming Shores & Area Chamber of Commerce Member2Member Discount Card at participating member businesses to take advantage of these discounts.
Contact the Chamber Office if you’d like to add a discount to be offered to members. You can contact the Chamber at 705-647-5771 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Grand Opening Services
If your business or firm is new to South Temiskaming, getting the public acquainted with your firm, location, products or service should be your primary objective. Let the Chamber of Commerce assist you with the planning of your Grand Opening and “take a load off your shoulders” before and during the big event.
What The Chamber Does
- Invites municipal officials, political representatives, the Temiskaming Shores & Area Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors and Chamber Ambassadors.
- Invites all Chamber member businesses and organizations
- Contacts the Mayor’s Office to arrange representation
- Provides traditional oversize scissors and ribbon
- Provides coffee & cake
- Contacts media regarding coverage of your Grand Opening day
- Assists in coordinating arrangements
What Your Business Is Responsible For
- Set the date and time of grand opening/ribbon cutting
- Provide invitations and handles delivery for any non-Chamber members
- Arrange for local advertising prior, if desired
- Provide extra refreshments for guests if desired