Why Become a Chamber Member?
There are plenty of reasons to become a chamber member - chief among them is that you will receive the benefits presented to only Chamber members, including member-to-member discounts, networking opportunities, plus the Chamber promotes the community as a destination for visitors, corporate travellers and for families considering relocation. This is your chance to join the leading business association in our area.
- We provide an office to respond to the inquiries about your business, our community and its opportunities as well as a referral services for our members.
- We provide an information gathering centre with which to inform the business community and advise it of current events affecting them.
- We provide a forum for the business community to exchange views as well as opportunities for social business gatherings wherein an exchange of ideas and services may take place.
- We represent a collective voice to keep our elected representatives aware of the community feelings on legislative action and to make known the needs of the business community.
- Your Chamber is a rallying point and an instrument for the promotion of plans, ideas and projects.
- The Chamber provides Member to Member Discounts on a full range of business, advertising and communication services
Member2Member Discount Program
The M2M program gives Temiskaming Shores & Area Chamber members exclusive benefits, and is designed to encourage local shopping while helping your bottom line. Please present your Temiskaming Shores & Area Chamber of Commerce Member2Member Discount Card at participating member businesses to take advantage of these discounts.
Contact the Chamber Office if you'd like to add a discount to be offered to members. You can contact the Chamber at 705-647-5771 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Free Grand Opening Services
If your business or firm is new to South Temiskaming, getting the public acquainted with your firm, location, products or service should be your primary objective. Let the Chamber of Commerce assist you with the planning of your Grand Opening and "take a load off your shoulders" before and during the big event.
What the Chamber does:
- Invites municipal officials, political representatives, the Temiskaming Shores & Area Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors and Chamber Ambassadors.
- Invites all Chamber member businesses and organizations
- Contacts the Mayor's Office to arrange representation
- Provides traditional oversize scissors and ribbon
- Provides coffee & cake
- Contacts media regarding coverage of your Grand Opening day
- Assists in coordinating arrangements
What your business is responsible for:
- Sets the date and time of grand opening/ribbon cutting
- Provides invitations and handles delivery for any non-Chamber members
- Arranges for local advertising prior, if desired
- Provides extra refreshments for guests if desired